Green Seal Certified (Silver)
We are Dedicated to Environmentally Conscious Hospitality Operations
Our Pledge to the Environment and Community
As part of ongoing efforts to make our planet and Washington, DC a healthier place to live, work and do business, the Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters will seek first to purchase equipment, products and materials that are recyclable, made of recycled content and/or reduce waste. Whenever possible, we will work to mitigate fuel waste and create demand for products harvested in an environmentally sensitive way, and by purchasing local products from like-minded vendors.
We Are Certified
Our property meets the Green Seal Environmental Standard of U.S. Lodging Properties, GS-33 for waster minimization, water and energy efficiency, hazardous substances handling and environmentally responsible purchasing.
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters was awarded the national Green Seal Certification (Silver). This certification proves our dedication to environmental stewardship.
Our hotel is one in only eleven (11) hotels currently certified in Washington, DC.
- Located within several blocks from two of the METRO Red Line subway stations (Dupont Circle and Farragut North) and local bus service at the corner provides low cost transportation options for our associates and guests.
- METRO passes are available and can be purchased at our front desk.
- Our staff has been trained and is dedicated to collecting, sorting and recycling the following:
- Paper, cardboard & newspaper
- Glass, plastic, metal products
- All of this recycling is done “behind the scenes”
- Energy efficient fluorescent lighting through-out the hotel
- Energy efficient A/C units in each room
- Lights are turned off when not needed
- Digital thermostats in all areas
- The majority of cleaning chemicals used are “Green Seal” certified
- Guests may choose to participate in our linen and towel reuse program which saves water and energy as well as reduces detergents being released into the environment.
- Water saving shower heads, toilets and faucets in all guest rooms and public spaces.